The new GDST is offering an inclusive and flexible approach to participation!
Thank you for your interest in the newly re-organized GDST. A key goal of the new GDST is to assemble a global community of traceability-minded companies, industry organizations, and interested stakeholders. Our new partnership structure is open not only to Producer/Marketer partners (as in the past) but now includes new partnership categories for traceability solution providers, certification and benchmarking organizations, and non-industry stakeholders including NGOs, academics, and government agencies. There are now be four categories of partnership:
- Producer/Marketer Partners – companies directly involved in the production, trade, or marketing of seafood (along with associations exclusively representing small scale producers);
- Solution Provider Partners – companies involved in developing and selling IT software/technology and seafood traceability services;
- Facilitator Partners – organizations involved in seafood certification or benchmarking who are adopting the standard and/or integrating it into their own tools that facilitate adoption;
- Stakeholder Partners – NGOs, academics, and government entities.
Within each category, we are offering three tiers of partnership. Each tier reflects a different level of commitment and engagement, and comes with some differences in partner benefits. The specifics of each tier vary among the four partnership categories, but in general terms the three tiers are:
- Founder Tier -- for partners prepared to make a three-year commitment and to take strong public action in support of the implementation and impact of the GDST standards
- Leader Tier -- for partners prepared to make a two-year commitment and to be among the leaders helping support the implementation and impact of the GDST standards
- Endorser Tier -- for partners prepared to make a one-year commitment, including a basic public declaration in support of industry-wide adoption of the GDST standards
We are also offering a non-partnership category called the Supporter Level, that will allow others to express support for the GDST and to receive regular GDST updates. If your company or organization wishes to apply for Supporter Level participation, please click here